Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!


The kids made their valentines this week.  The more that I orchestrate these projects the more I realize that I have little influence regarding the process and final product.  Although, I am still called upon to use sharp utensils.  Abe quickly shot down my stellar ideas deciding instead to design a heart-shaped stamp which he would apply in a grid formation on the paper.  (They have been doing a lot with counting to 100 in Kindergarten and use grids to help understand such a big number.) I failed to get a picture of the final product,  but they turned out well.  He insisted on adding more red to the whitish ones.   One of Abe's preschool teachers told me that he is a man with a plan.  You can say that again!

Pen's initial attempt at making her first valentines included gluing pistachios to heart shapes.  After explaining the "no nut rule" at her school, we opted for the old paint some paper and cut out hearts trick.  I also glued a small heart cut from her favorite wrapping paper to the centers.  She handed them out yesterday at school; I'm impressed with how much she "gets" the holiday.  She insisted on wearing pink and red complete with red sparkly shoes.  She was hit as always!

I've been working on my secret project painting which is large and taking a lot of time and not really a secret.   It's just fun to refer to it as such.  I hope to complete it soon and hoping for some genius brush strokes to achieve the look I'm after.  Hopefully, there will be a post in the near future. . .



No comments:

Post a Comment