Friday, March 15, 2013

"Che" the Cat--meow



One of the delightful aspects of my weekend trip to the Bay consisted of snuggling my friend, Megan's cats and then rushing to wash my hands before I inevitably touched my eyes.  This painting was inspired by Megan's main coon, "Che".  He is a regal cat with a passive aggressive streak.  I bonded with him immediately remembering how well he tolerated an infant Abraham grasping at his bushy tail.

Also from my trip, I gathered patterns for the painting. The bottom is based on a rug from a thrift shop "Pretty Penny", and the top is based on a decorative paper-lined counter-top from a hot chocolate cafe "Bittersweet".  Both are on College Ave. in Oakland and as wonderful as they sound! 

Sometimes I think that a cat would be the perfect addition to my sunny studio, but allergies and my housemate cat haters keep them away.  Could I have a kitten squirreled away in the folds of fabric or baskets of yarn absconded like the baby alligator in a shoebox under Alexander's bed detailed in a favorite childhood storybook?  Sadly, I think I have to be satisfied with the neighbor's orange, outdoor cat who waddles over to our porch for afternoon naps and sometimes asks to come in. 

2 comments:

  1. Sadly, at times we must content ourselves with the all too seldom visits of transitory felines.

    ReplyDelete