Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Mr. Roboto's Bots

 I've been busy working towards the weekend trying to make items worthy of gifting.  There's a lot here, and the photos are all over the place--(meaning out of sequence--I don't have the time or patience to rectify that problem.)  There's my final bird painting.  I may make prints of these, but it's not high on the list.  I'm still stuffing a batch of bots for my Mr. Robot's huggable, furry robots.  These were an experiment in block printing on fabric with fabric paint, and my first attempt sewing with faux fur.  I used the same handmade stamp to print some robot cards.  I hope to begin on house pillows tonight and then more stamping on cards, tags, etc.  Do I dare start on my pigs in a pouch idea?
drawing my robot

a stack of printed robots on a variety of fabrics

fabric paint--the black worked the best for me

transferred drawing to the print block

Penelope's drawing

sewing printed fabric to wild fur

newly carved block

stack of sewn bots

first stuffed bots

prints drying

printed cards

last  angry bird painting

No comments:

Post a Comment