Friday, November 30, 2012

Angry Birds

 Here are some photos of recent projects.  I haven't heard from OPAL to which I submitted "Big Bed Painting" among others.  I'm assuming this is a rejection since it has been two weeks.  I'm glad that I tried, and maybe I will again in the spring. It would be nice to have feedback, though.  Applying was on my list of goals for the year.  There's satisfaction in crossing it off. 

I've completed 3 of 4 angry bird paintings.  I've based this series on the newest batch of bird ornaments which I've forgotten to photo (oops).  For some reason the whimsy that I feel in making the birds was lost in painting these feather fellows.  I think the darkness I'm feeling inside has crept onto the canvas.  At any rate as my friend and I were saying today "it is what it is".  I have one more to complete and then on to some soft sculptures and block printing/stamping.  Can it all be done in a week?

PS:  Show info again---

Saturday December 8th
9:00 - 1:00
Washington Irving School
1125 S. Cuyler Ave
Oak Park, IL 60304

Sunday December 9th 10:00-4:00
Nido Art Studio
514 Terry Ave.
Aurora, IL 60506
more info here

PPS I like my new camera :)






No comments:

Post a Comment