Monday, April 14, 2014

Ceramic Samples and Buzz Cafe

Outside Buzz Cafe
I just got back from hanging some work at Buzz Cafe.  I've been frequenting this Harrison Art's District establishment since living in Oak Park.  It has taken me this long to bring art there, and it feels good.  Again, like the exhibit at the public library, I get a little thrill being in a non-gallery space where a wide variety of people get to see my work.  So if you get a chance to stop in for a cup of yummy coffee or a bowl of homemade soup you'll not only be able to support a small, local business, but you will be able to see some Anna Lentz' on the purple and green walls.  
Another happy thing is making ceramics.  It is definitely cheering me up considering the snow outside.  I'm teaching a one day ceramics class for a group of girl scouts at Elmhurst Art Museum.  Below are examples for the planned projects. 
pinch pot and coil constructed owl
slab butterfly bowl
pinch pot turtle or some other animal.

No comments:

Post a Comment