Monday, January 7, 2013

Slow Starts

Mushroom House Embroidery
 It's the first day back to school and hence, first day back to quiet studio time for me.  Unfortunately I have not much to show for my hours of work.  I worked on an embroidery that will be come victim number one of my zipper experiment.  Also, I wove a sample swatch for a wool scarf.  I'm glad that I wove the sample because I need to make some adjustments in order to achieve a better weave.  I have lots of apprehension regarding this project.  There is a lot invested regarding materials, time, and back aches.  I will keep you posted on the progress. 

PS Forgot to mention that this long term weaving is being threaded onto Martha's Loom.  So, I guess you can say that I wove my first little piece on her today!
Swatch on Martha's Loom

Calculations

Supplies

No comments:

Post a Comment