Monday, October 15, 2012

I made a skirt!

 Inspired by my friend Amy's blog post, I made my first piece of clothing ever (barring scarves if they count).  I attempted to transform a shrunken jersey dress into a fun skirt.  I am certain I don't have the precision skills to make clothes, and I think the length of the skirt isn't any longer than the dress was.  (sad face)  At any rate, I had fun making it and enjoy wearing it.  I appliqued a jersey house from scraps and lots of embroidery.  You can see my inspiration below from mini boden.  I don't know what is says about me that I desire children's clothing for myself, and I can't believe I just said that.  I think I'll try this shirt to skirt project again.  I've already made a promise to Pen who has requested pink. 



No comments:

Post a Comment