Monday, July 16, 2012

St. Louis Inspiration












This past weekend we were lucky enough to celebrate our friends' wedding in St. Louis.  Their reception was held in the Bevo Mill.  In 1915, Mr. August A. Busch used the space as his private dining room.  Its Dutch aesthetics were inviting and inspiring, and perhaps not captured so well by my camera.  As for the rest of the city,  I found all the markings of industrialization visually exciting.  I would like to study man hole covers, old knobs, and abandoned factories.  Maybe there is a painting series there.  The picture of tile from the Bevo has definitely inspired me to look at Moorish patterns a little closer.  Perhaps they can be a window into Islamic history and tradition that I can somehow marry with my paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment