Thursday, May 8, 2014

Long time no post

Wall of Art--or---Kitchen Gallery
It's been awhile since I've posted but not because there haven't been things to post.  At risk of sounding like a broken record, it's been one of the "going in lots of directions" kind of times.  I think with school wrapping up for my kids, preparing to spend the summer abroad, and getting ready to start school myself in the fall, things are piling up like the varied items in a Dagwood.  And while my list continues to grow, I've been feeling an overwhelming compulsion to get things in order at home first.  I need to de-clutter, makeover, renew, etc.  In addition,  I've finally gotten around to packing away the winter which I hope won't return for a few months.  It feels good to have a freshly arranged studio space complete with a new desk which I hope to mess up shortly, and I'm in the process of organizing a study corner in our bedroom for Pat and I to do work and school work.  
On the teaching front, we finished our mono-print books, glazed, and began a collaborative mural. I thought these books turned out great.  One student told me his prints were of tornadoes.  I love it!
And, you're not going to want to miss the next big project to come out of the Art in the Classroom committee.  I'll be documenting our process of painting the map of the US on our school's blacktop.  First step--cleaning!   We scrubbed the pavement with dish detergent, water, and lots of elbow grease.  Faith was clever enough to make a game of it employing the vim and vigor of our children and some others we met on the playground.  Brilliant!
Accordion Books with mono prints
Glazing
Tornado print second from right
Scrubbing the deck--or pavement
new desk and work space

No comments:

Post a Comment