Thursday, May 29, 2014

Guadalupe at St. Therese in Aurora

My sister is the art teacher at the elementary school St. Therese in Aurora.  She began painting a mural of Guadalupe with her students who graduated yesterday.  I spent the day painting with her and was completely happy to not only be painting but to be with my sister.  It was further a delight to be in a small and happy school with enthusiastic students, and it was surreal to be standing in the halls where my parents went to grade school.  The building hasn't changed too much since then, and I felt a definite connection to the past.  I might be able to paint another day next week in an attempt to finish the project before the end of the year.  I feel privileged to be a part of this project.  Thanks Lisa!
I

No comments:

Post a Comment