Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Getting Ready for Day of the Dead

 The above is a linoleum cut print.  I printed this absent of the press just to check it out, but I'm eager to run this through the new press to make posters for the upcoming Day of the Dead show at Nido Studio on Nov. 2nd from 6:00 until 10:00.  Having lived on the border I'm concerned about dropping the "los" from the "Dia De Los Muertos", but upon examining some papel picado images (the inspiration for this piece), I saw it absent which was revelatory for me because it helps with the design immensely.  Any of my Spanish speaking friends able to back me up on this?  I hope I'm not making a huge linguistic error!
 This is the final of the first skeleton painting.  I'm considering adding a couple coats of boat varnish to make it shiny, yellowed, and a little more eery.  Any votes either way?
This is the beginning of the next one. 

I'll provide an update soon to the West Elm event.  I'll be doing some printing of totes and towels for that event which is this Saturday at West Elm in Oakbrook Center-- 1:00 - 6:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment