Sunday, June 8, 2014

Wrapping up PTO Art in the Classroom Activities

This Saturday Faith and I added one more chalk drawing character to our map.  It is standing above Lake Huron in Canada.  It was the perfect finishing touch, and  the perfect way to wrap our cartography project.  Also on on Saturday, we participated in a carnival fundraiser for one of our students who has cancer.  We melted donated crayons, poured them into a button mold, and then cleaned them up after they cooled. The kids strung the crayon buttons onto wire along with other plastic beads to make whimsical, colorful jewelry.  In addition to this activity, we offered a pinwheel making project which I didn't photograph.  I can't say enough how much I enjoy collaborating with Faith and bringing inspiration and creativity to the students.  I have a feeling that we are just getting started!

No comments:

Post a Comment