Sunday, December 15, 2013

Last craft fair of the year and new Etsy listings

painted bird ornaments
 Yesterday at Irving Elementary School in Oak Park, I participated in the final craft fair of the year.  Having my stock in the American Artworks Gallery in Forest Park, I made a couple more batches of birds.  One is pieced with block printed wings and eyes.  The other is hand painted with sharpie drawings.  I also made some new garlands with contact paper and various scraps.  These were fun to make because they are little prisms of your collections:  lists, scrap paper, junk mail, etc.  They are like fragmented time capsules.  Finally, I had this idea of making soft, square heads with painted faces covered in vinyl.  I had five planned, but only one was executed.  Either the vinyl or my leaving my machine on overnight made my machine toast.  I'm taking it to the fix-it man this week because I have lots of sewing projects planned for the new year!

I added these items to my Etsy Shop along with some items from our Day Of The Dead show if you are in need of last minute gifts.  I am available to ship anytime this week through Thursday.  Friday, I am heading abroad with my family to South Africa for a couple of weeks.  So, you probably won't hear from me for awhile as it will be difficult to post; although, there will likely be a plethora of things to share.  I'll be sure to have a few good posts when I return.  I'm taking embroidery work with me, sketch books, and a camera, of course. 

PS Happy New Year!  I'm looking forward to building on this year and adding some new enterprises as well!
contact paper garlands


printed bird ornaments



cube head


No comments:

Post a Comment